Succeeding At Golf Demands Certain Discipline
The game of golf is a beautiful game and like in any other game succeeding at golf demands certain things of the golfer.
Any successful golfer will tell you that one of the secrets of success is to be fiercely determined. Determination is crucial to success in any endeavor in life and golf is no exception. For the first time golfer or the beginner who has a dream of being of the best in the game, there are so many obstacles to over come.
The obstacles of learning the basics, improving his game and mastering the game etc. He or she will be able to overcome these obstacles easily if he or she is strongly determined. Determination helps you not to accept initial failure as an excuse to stop doing what you are doing but rather determination pushes you to go on and keep working at it until you get it right. Do you think Tiger Woods got to where he is right now without a strong or fierce determination?
It has been said that, Practice makes perfect. It will be impossible for you to perfect your game if you don’t have a strong practice regime. The world top golfers all agree on one thing, there is no substitute for practice. The more you practice how to improve your game, the more your game actually improves. So if you are really interested in succeeding at golf you must have a very strong and disciplined practice regime. Don’t you know that those beautiful shots the masters of the game make during the game were perfected during their personal practice time?
All great golfers are disciplined? Golf is a game for patient and disciplined people. If you don’t really understand the game, watching a golf game may appear boring to you but when you really understand the game you realize that it’s a really very interesting game.
It’s a game that really requires a lot of discipline and patience. What great golfers do during the major competitions are a result of the discipline they had cultivated during their seemingly minor practice time. Being disciplined helps you to build a strong practice regime and keep to it. Being disciplined helps you to stay focused and succeed at golf.
Learning From Better Players
To really succeed at golf you can’t afford to just practice alone or just play with players you are better than so that you can always feel good about yourself. This won’t improve your game. To really be a great player you must learn from and play with those better than you. This helps you to realize what necessary improvements you need to make on your game.
Learning from better players will undoubtedly make you a better player. So learn to ask people who you know are good at the game for tips about how to improve your game, you will be surprised at how eager they will be to help you.
To be a success at golf you need to know what the game is about, improve on your game, be determined ,disciplined , practice well and learn from others. If you get these things right you will really be amazed at how much success you will have in the game of golf.
Golf is becoming a more desired sport across the world and mini Tiger Woods are blooming everywhere. The earlier you get a child involved in Golf, the greater the chance they will excel as a junior Golfer. Golf stores, local driving ranges and golf lessons can be found locally and is a good place for kids to start succeeding at golf. These places provide the resources to help you get your proper materials. We are honored to work with such great coaches here at GNCGA and teach these incredible students from the US and abroad what is needed to succeed in the game of golf. Here are the coaches’ top 5 tips for kids who want to learn how to play golf and pursue it as a career.
1. Learn the rules first. Both parents and kids should learn the rules of golf. The first rule of golf is etiquette. Etiquette teaches honesty and integrity in the game of golf, but also in life. This is a great way for the child to have a better understanding of what they can do in the game. If you are interested in studying the official rules, please visit USGA.org.
2. Short game and proper fundamentals. Short Game is pitching, chipping and putting. Working on short shots and not a full swing will directly help and influence proper ball striking. The putting stroke is the foundation for all of your shots. When you learn how to putt better, you can also improve better ball striking in the short game and in the full swing. Over half your strokes are made on and around the green, so the most important part is to putt first. Practice focusing on effective short game to be a great golf player.
3. Building proper golf practice is very important. It takes about 6000 time of repetition of something in order to make it a new habit. So, ideally kids should be practicing 3-4 times a week (which I know can be hard at first) for an hour or two, mainly focused on short games. Golf is so different than other sports because it takes much more discipline.
4. Wear sunscreen & hydrate. Golf professionals are outside for 5-7 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Therefore, it is vital to cover up and protect oneself from the sun. But don’t forget these three areas to protect as well: ears, nose and lips. Hydration is extremely important and you should be drinking half your weight in ounces.
5. Embrace failure. We need to be willing to fail in order to have success. You will learn more from your failures in golf and in life then from all of your successes. Be willing to learn from the problems that might come out when facing obstacles, then you won’t commit the same error twice.
Overall, kids you see succeeding in golf play a wide range of sports. Golf takes practice, dedication and perseverance. If you are looking for a place where your child can get proper golf training, we offer weekly summer camp programs which starts on May 23, 2016. Find out more by emailing [email protected]
Golf is a beautiful game and success in it depends on how determined and disciplined you are, how much practice you put into the game and your willingness to learn from better players.